Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Saturday Morning

It’s Saturday and I hear the car drive up. It’s my driver. Since I’m a volunteer and cannot be paid, Monroe College has agreed to provide my transportation to the capitol where I teach. Jay and Kevin climb into the back seat of the car for the 45 minute drive to the capitol where they will wait until I’ve finished teaching. Why do you think they would do this? Jet lagged, they get up at 7:00 a.m. No time for coffee - just out the door. The answer is simple. Men are simple. Food. My favorite Rasta Restaurant.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

no mom, we did it because we love you!!! :)
ok, i'm lying. we did it for the food.

jay

Karen's Planet said...

I know - I've been bribing all of you for your whole lives with food. Remember how we picked out the Christmas Tree - no food until we found the perfect tree!

It's funny, the minute your tummy is full, your motivation is gone!

Love you.

Anonymous said...

wish i was still there. this work thing is awful. I have to do this for 30 more years??? UGH!!!!

Kevin

Alyssa Gaalema said...

I enjoyed looking at your video of your house-tour! I may steal it for my blog when i move out of homestay in 12 days! Yay! I was also curious as to how you got the hit counter on the bottom of your page...the ap Ive found doesnt work right. Hope youre doing well and enjoying time with your boys!!! they have rasta restaurants??

Karen's Planet said...

Alyssa - feel free to steal anything from my blog; I've certainly done my share of "borrowing" ideas!

I set up the hit counter into HTML Format. If you mouse over just below my counter you can go to their website to pick it up. Does that help?

Yes, there are Rasta Restaurants - just a little hard to find. The one we went to - I passed it dozens of times not even realizing there was a restaurant there! Do some asking, I bet you have some on your island also.

Boys are gone now - but yes, it was great to have them! I hope Grenada is treating you well. Maybe I'll get over that way before my service is up.

Karen's Planet said...

Kevin - I put my 30 in - now it's your turn. Then you get to have fun like this! I miss you so much.