Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Mystery Continues

It reads like a good novel. A crime committed. Suspense is in the air. I find myself searching for the answer. Like any good detective, I have interviewed fellow Peace Corps Volunteers and host nationals. I have identified possible suspects and looked for hidden clues.

The problem is that I can’t turn to the last page of this mystery novel for an answer. It’s not a book. This is a real-life mystery. An unsolved mystery. There are unanswered questions: Why does this only happen in Saint Lucia? Why aren’t other volunteers complaining about it? Why does it happen to me? And
where do they come from? Why do they appear sporadically? It's always when I least expect it. Why? Why? Why?

Even though the mystery remains unsolved, the solution has been found! Yes, no more victims! The orange dots on my clothes can be removed by soaking them in Soil Love and then adding them to a bleach and water solution. OK, it isn’t optimal for colors, but the orange dots have left the room.

No comments: