Friday, September 5, 2008

Taking the Bus – A Little Rocky Music Please



This is my host families house. I am living in the top left area. the bottom is rented to a business. The building to the right houses the host family restaurant and an apartment they rent is on top.
My first day taking the bus by myself. I did it! My biggest fear conquered. I didn’t do it perfectly but I got to training a half an hour early and home before dark. Only those that really know me will understand this accomplishment. I did cheat a little. I paid the driver to take me directly to where I transferred to my final bus.

Getting on the second bus was really funny. There were at least 200 people waiting . . . I thought it was a line but not so. The first bus came and all 200 people tried to get one of only 14 seats. I was pushed aside and left standing there wondering what just happened. The next bus stopped and I witnessed the same results. I began planning my strategy for the next bus. I pushed my way forward to the curb, elbowing my way through the mob. As the bus approached, I was determined. . . I shoved . . . I pushed . . . and then I sat in the prized seat I had won. This time they were left standing by the curb wondering what just happened. This was my “Rocky” moment. I achieved the knockout!

No comments: