Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Staging Complete!


Twelve hours in a conference room and staging is over. Tomorrow we leave for Saint Lucia. As I anticipated, I have met some amazing people and I also learned more than I hoped I would.

There are thirty-eight of us and age-wise we have a good span of diversity which makes the group far more interesting.

I’m feeling confident. I’m sad as I look back at what I’ve left – but incredibly excited as I anticipate the future. After arriving in Saint Lucia tomorrow, we will stay at a retreat for three days then volunteers will disperse to their islands of assignment for seven weeks of training. We will not have internet access for at least three days.

The L.A.Times article will be printed tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Karen,

Just got done reading the article in the L.A. Times.

You have done the right thing. Good Luck in your life experience on the island.

I am proud of you and love you.

Sue

Anonymous said...

Karen this is my first time really looking @ this blog. I hope you can keep it active during your work in St. Lucia. You really have done a fantastic job with this website. :)

Your Son,
Kevin McCarthy