Saturday, August 23, 2008

I’m Leaving on a Jet Plane



Cards and Letters are welcome!

The last thing I need to do is pack my laptop. My plane leaves at 7:55 in the morning for Miami where I will spend a couple of days filling out more paperwork and meeting the other volunteers in EC78 (my group number – EC=Eastern Caribbean). I leave with the group for Saint Lucia on August 28 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern time.

For all of you who have said, “Please let me know if I can help you in any way”; I’ve been thinking about that and I have an answer. I would love a few cards! So, if you would like to send a card my Saint Lucia address is on the top right side of this page. Also, a few pieces of Eastern Caribbean Peace Corps advice:

  1. Mail service is neither efficient or predictable. I will probably receive most of my mail
  2. Postcards are a bad idea because they will be found on the wall of the local post office. The probability of me not receiving it is great. Interesting, huh?
  3. A couple of you have said you want to send me my favorite nutrition bars, nuts, and other little things that will be missed. This would be amazing, but please send in a padded envelopes vs. boxes. Boxes will be opened and taxed and according to Peace Corps, a total nightmare.

The Los Angeles Times article about me is suppose to run sometime next week, but I'm not sure when. If I have access to the internet I will post information here, along with an explanation of why I would tell such a personal story in such a public manner.

So, with that, I’m almost out of here.

No comments: