Monday, November 10, 2008

And then on the 79th Day, she said, “Let there be Communication” and there was

I can’t believe it. I’m in my apartment. It’s late here – we are four hours ahead of California time. We don’t have daylight savings time. I am looking over my lap top at lights . . . beautiful lights. The lights are on my living room floor. They are in the little electronic boxes. One belongs to my DSL Box and the other to my Vonage Box.

After three visits to the cable office requiring $39 in bus transportation; four phone calls inquiring about the location of the technician, at an untold ridiculous amount of cell phone time; and then two more phone calls wondering why, oh why, doesn’t my internet work it was magic – Brian appeared at my door. My knight in shining amour – my technician . . . He entered my apartment and everything appeared to be in slow motion. As if time were standing still, with the click of a switch, the opening of the browser, here it is: I’m in the 21st Century again. I will always have a special place in my heart for Brian.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

THANK YOU BRIAN!!! We love you for getting our girl connected to all of us again.

Unknown said...

wakaren,
Now that you have internet, can we skype???
I just got back from Colorado, and the plane I left on started on fire and had to return to the terminal. I met a very "earthy" wonderful new friend that sat next to me. Her name is Patti, we held hands as the plane was headed down the sky with its fire alarm blasting. While I did a little prayer, Patti was chanting something about earth and energy, and all sorts of new age stuff. We are now best friends, I'm glad to be alive, and glad you are finally connected.
Can you go kayaking and send some photos of the blue water??
It's going to be 94 this weekend. So much for Thanksgiving weather. Colorado Springs was beautiful and I've never met more friendly people in my life.

Anonymous said...

mom your so funny. jay was telling me how when it got really lonely in honduras he would light a candle. i'm so happy you don't have to light a candle.
wow linda had a great flight.

Karen's Planet said...

No, Brendan I haven't had to light a candle yet...probably because I'd have to locate one. Ask Jay if a flashlight would be as effective. Yes, Linda's flight sounds "alarming". HaHaHa.

Barbara said...

I was truly excited about your phone being up and running. "Was" being the operative word. I know I owe you a phone call but I'm really having fun with text communications--regardless of how easily they can be misinterpreted. I am having so much fun writing back and forth that I just can't bring myself to pick up the phone.

I'll call soon because I can better tell how you are doing by actually hearing your voice.

Regardless of the type of communication vehicle I use know that I always have my eyeball on you!!!

XO to you Island-girl -- BB