Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Ghanaian Music Time

I wandered out yesterday and inquired about Ghanaian music.  This was something I heard which is quite nice.  When I was listening to another song someone asked if I understood it.  I told him no and asked him to explain.  He wouldn't.  I suppose the words were less than polite.  But then I came across someone listening to Kwabena Kwabena (obviously born on a Tuesday).


I was a little taken back - it reminds me of the Cuban Music my son Jay brought from Honduras.

He is talking about his girlfriend - yes, you guessed it, she cheated on him with HIS BEST FRIEND! He left for vacation and she and his friend cleaned everything out of the house.  He is singing in the Twi language spoken here in Ghana.  Twi is pronounced with more like "Chi" but a softer Ch sound.

No comments: